Forever Hoping

Tuesday 13 August 2013

God is good

Hello everyone! I thought I would check in and let you all know that I am still here. Life has become hectic since my last post in March, but two holidays and my lovely sister’s wedding later… I am back! 

So to update you all… in May I had an appointment with the Regional Fertility Clinic and we were told that we have a 4% chance of conceiving naturally and our only option would be IVF **sigh**. 

I have had a lot of reservations about IVF in the past and wasn’t sure how I stood with it spiritually and ethically. There is so much to take in and my little brain just couldn’t cope with it all. Our Consultant was great though and very understanding! He gave us plenty of time to ask questions, which he answered very well. Hubby was completely against the idea of IVF before we went in and the consultation changed his mind. This was such an answer to prayer! I was never against the idea of IVF. I was just scared of it, because I didn’t understand it. And because hubby didn’t agree with it at the time, I didn’t want to go through with something if we both didn’t agree. The last thing that I would want is for our relationship to suffer, because of our desire to have children. So I would pray that if IVF was God’s will for us, he would have to change hubby’s mind first. God is good. 

Before we say yes or no we have to meet with a fertility counsellor first and discuss the effects that IVF will have on my body and our relationship. We are still waiting on our appointment. 

I think that I am getting better with all of the waiting that is involved with infertility. I am getting better at trusting God’s timing and His plans for my life. I can see how God is using my story to help other people and I feel so privileged that God is using me in that way. I have asked God to give me new dreams and already I am leaping on to those first stepping stones towards them. God is good. 

Blessings xx 

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8 v 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment