Forever Hoping

Sunday 16 September 2012

Worship


When infertility hits, the force sends you crashing through life and the impact can be felt throughout many areas.  The impact is like a stone thrown into a lake, sending ripples throughout your world.  

For a few years I was a member of the worship team in my church.  Half way through that time we started trying to conceive and I was an emotional wreck.  It affected my relationships with friends and family, I was grumpy and my attitude was sour.  My heart was brittle and I knew that if it cracked, the dam would break.   The anxiety made me tired and  it affected my attendance at church.  So I hid.  I hid from anything that could hurt my heart and deepen the cracks.  When I lead worship, I put on the performance of my life and pretended until the service was over.  

It took a year and a lot of prayer and courage before I finally stepped away from the worship team.   I was dishonouring God by not worshipping Him the way He deserved.  I am now thankful for what He has taught me.  

Worship is an overflow of your heart.   It isn't a performance, something you're pretending or putting on.  Worship is about getting personal with God and drawing close to Him.  Now I worship and the tears run freely.



Planetshakers
Nothing Is Impossible

Through You I can do anything
I can do all things
'Cause it's You who gives me strength
Nothing is impossible

Through You blind eyes are open
Strongholds are broken
I am living by faith
Nothing is impossible 

I'm not going to live by what I see
I'm not going to live by what I feel

Deep down I know that You're here with me
And I know that You can do anything

I believe, I believe
I believe, I believe in You





No comments:

Post a Comment