Forever Hoping

Sunday 13 January 2013

The Benefits of Dairy Free.

As you can imagine, I was a little more than annoyed.  Because for reasons I still don't know, my period started doing funny things when we started trying to conceive.   Before the days of trying for a baby, my cycle length was spot on 28 days.  I could almost tell you right down to the hour, when it was going to start... well almost...  OK I may be over exaggerating slightly.   But you get the idea.  It came like clock work every month.

So when it didn't start that first month of trying, I thought things like 'Wahey go me!!!!' and 'How fertile am I!?'.  I naturally thought I was pregnant.  There was absolutely no need for me to think, that my body could be playing cruel tricks on me.   Unfortunately that is exactly what it did.  Ever since that first month your guess is as good as mine, when Aunt Flo is going to show.  

It will be three years in April.  Three years of heartache and very long cycles.  During this time I have tried everything I can think of, to get my cycle back down to 28 days.  I have gone gluten free, caffeine free, lost weight, exercised more and nothing has worked.  That is until October 2012.  The month I started a dairy free diet.  That month I managed to achieve a cycle length of 29 days.  Yiiipppppppeeeeee!

I have completely cut dairy out of my diet and so far I am immensely happy with the results.  I have lost weight, my cycles have shortened considerably, I no longer have awful cramps, I don't need to take painkillers and I am not as bloated anymore.  Actually before I went dairy free, I didn't even realise how bloated I really was.  

The diet rules are simple.

No milk.
No cream.
No butter.
No yogurts.
No cheese.

If you are like me and have similar difficulties with your cycle length, I would really recommend you trying this diet.  I noticed a massive change the first month.  Let me know how it goes for you.

Blessings xx

No comments:

Post a Comment